The Accidental Prime Minister Review
Rating – 2.5/5
Duration – 110 Min.
Producer – Sunil Bohra, Jayantilal Gada
Director – Vijay Ratnakar Gutte
Music Director – Salim Merchant, Sulaiman Merchant
Based on novel by Sanjay A Bohra by the name.
1. All the actors acted very well & suited the characters viz Anupam Kher as former prime minister Manmohan Singh, Akshaye Khanna as Sanjaya Baru, Suzanne Bernert as Sonia Gandhi, Aahana Kumra as Priyanka Gandhi, Arjun Mathur as Rahul Gandhi, Abdul Quadir Amin as Ajay Singh, Vimal Verma as Lalu Prasad Yadav, Avter Saini as Lal Krishna Advani, Anil Rastogi as Shivraj Patil, Ajit Satbhai as P. V. Narasimha Rao
2. Special Mention to Anupam Kher, who has given a fine performance & enacted ex- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh role very effectively. Akshay Khanna has done a fantastic job. In fact,the entire film revolves around them only. The real hero of the movie is not prime minister Manmohan singh but Sanjay Baru played by Akshay Khanna.
3. Film is likely to give political mileage to ruling party in forthcoming election & would dent the image of the congress.
4. Director Vijay Ratnakar Gutte handles the subject with maturity.
5. Story & Screenplay are perfect.
1. Film is made with clear intention to show one political party in bad light.
2. It has no entertainment value & no masala for single screen audience.
3. Music (Sudip Roy / Sadhu Tiwari) has hardly any scope in such political drama.
4. It will be tedious for those cinegoer who don’t have any political knowledge of the congress party.
5. Looks like a documentary & most of the portion is shot in four walls. 90% indoor shooting leaves you with anything but entertainment.
6. Film lacks thrills of a good political drama. Most of the events shown in the film are already known.
7. After a while, Anupam Kher becomes too repetitive because film hardly offer him anything worthwhile to do after establishing his character.
8. Role of Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi & Priyanka Gandhi have been very very small & not well developed. It’s strange that Ahmed Patel has more footage than above all 3 put together.
9. 2 G, common wealth games, coal and other scams were not properly shown.
Chances of Accidentally Surgical Strike on Prime minister.