Pumpkin Turmeric Soup to Boost Immunity
prevent the spread of coronavirus, the most important thing is to increase our immunity. All the necessary safety measures should be followed to increase immunity.
Our body should not only protect from cold and common infections but also it's necessary to take precautions against serious illness. As they say, Precaution is Better than Cure, it is better to follow it.
Having a strong immunity is important to avoid coronavirus infection and to recover quickly after being infected. So, let us see the preparation of the Pumpkin Turmeric Soup recipe to boost immunity.
1) 1 small to medium sugar pumpkin
2) 2 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
4) 3 Kombu leaves
5) 4 cups water
6) 1 onion, chopped
7) 1 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
8) 2 Tbsp turmeric powder
9) 1 can organic coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a large knife, Halve the pumpkin. Remove the seeds and set aside. Place pumpkin, cut side down on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until flesh is completely soft, about 45 min
2. Coat another baking sheet with 1 tbsp coconut oil. Remove any flesh or stringy parts from pumpkin seeds. Arrange seeds on the baking sheet and place it in the oven. Roast seeds until crunchy and brown, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through the baking process. Remove from oven, season with salt, and let cool.
3. In a large pot bring Kombu leaves and water to a simmer for 20 minutes. Remove Kombu and set aside.
4. In a medium skillet, sauté onion in remaining tablespoon of coconut oil until onion is translucent and softened about eight minutes. Add ginger and Turmeric spice and sauté two minutes more.
5. Add cooked onion mixture, cooked pumpkin, and three-fourths of the coconut milk to the broth and transfer to a blender in small batches depending on the size and power of your blender. Blend soup until velvety smooth. (Do not over-blend.) Season with salt to taste.
6. Serve warm and drizzle each serving with remaining coconut milk.